Sunday, March 19, 2017

Update

Greetings!

It's been a while since I've written anything on here, so an update is more than warranted.

After months of searching, I located a company willing to take a chance on me. To that end, I've been working for Skyline Transportation in Knoxville, Tn. as an over-the-road truck driver. The job has proven to be an absolutely wonderful fit for myself and my family, as I'm able to take the boys with me when I travel.

The downside is that the Department of Transportation is continuously making it harder and harder for me to remain behind the wheel. I have to travel to Columbia, Tn. this Friday in order for them to retest me for the CDL that I already possess. When I pass this, they'll leave me alone for 24 months, at which time I have to retest once again.

I've heard it said that one person can make a difference, and I aim to make a difference by contacting legislators in attempt to change current policy, hopefully making it easier for others like myself to come off of the system and reenter the workforce, becoming a productive member of society.

That's my world in a nutshell.


No comments: