Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A long, exhausting road trip

I am finally back home, and am enjoying the fact that I do not have to go anywhere anytime soon.

I left home on June 3rd and drove out to Sioux City, Ia. It took me 2 - 1/2 days to get out there. I met with Jim Logan of Biblical Restoration Ministries, and what a time I had! Logan, age 79, is so full of Biblical wisdom. I am so glad that, as a teen, he chose to give his heart and life to God. For greater than 60 years, God has been giving him tidbits of wisdom here and there, as God knew that one day, Logan and my paths would cross, and he'd have just the right directions for me.

I was able to claim victory in areas that I'd expected to gain victory in, and also in areas where I had no idea that I'd been experiencing problems/issues with. God showed up that week, and proved Himself in mighty & powerful ways. I came away with a renewed sense of seeking the mind of Christ, and with a plethora of tools with which to battle the enemy. However, tools do nobody any good if they're kept hidden somewhere in your garage. They are only effective if you use them to build upon your already-solid foundation. So, pray that I'll be able to do just that.

The second week, I was in Georgia with my family. We spent the week at Stone Mtn Park for the annual "Atlanta Fest" - a contemporary Christian Music festival - something that I've discovered that I am a tad too old for... The only reason I went was due to the fact that Nick Vijuicic was there - he's the no armed, no legged Australian who now evangelizes around the world for Christ.

My precious wife, unknown to me, contacted Atlanta Fest officials and orchestrated a private meeting between Nick and myself. What a meeting it was! Nick and I prayed together privately, and then with my family. It was an amazing time. Nick is truly a prayer warrior. I can't wait to see him again. If you get a chance, give his website a view: www.lifewithoutlimbs.org

Until next time,
Scotty