Friday, September 7, 2012

Wow!! So much has happened in our hectic lives since the last time I posted anything on here.

For starters, back in August of 2011, I was able to come off of all narcotics and other medication after taking them for over 13 years. The physical response from my body is indescribable!  Yes, I am still suffering very frequent bouts of excruciating/debilitating phantom pain, but in all honesty, I am not hurting any worse than I was when taking the narcotics. My body had developed a tolerance for the meds and rendered them ineffective. I've gained back much of the weight that I'd lost. For comparison, I'd gotten down to a low of 118 pounds, and am now hovering somewhere in the 140 range.

Spiritually, I've gained ground, lost ground, gained ground, lost ground... You get the picture - pretty much the same as any other growing Christian who struggles with their relationship with Christ. Here lately, I seem to be gaining ground and do not want to lose what God's allowed me to learn. This past week, I've been visiting Brother Titus, and learned quite a bit in the 3 chapters of his book in the New Testament - You ought to visit him too for yourself and see what God has in store just waiting for you!

Had a wonderful Labor Day weekend in Missouri and absolutely did not want to leave when it came time for us to come back home. In fact, I am now at a point where I cannot wait to get back to Missouri!! (Maybe on a more long-term basis, should the Lord allow!)

We have no more internet in our home, so if you desire to get in touch with us, please feel free to call or send us a text message at: 865-279-1203 - I'd love to hear from YOU!

Yours because of He who lives in me,
Scotty for the Rogers' Tribe

1 comment:

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Scott- I am looking for books about challenged hikers to review next month in my newspaper column. Have you written a book about your AT trek? Congrats on your quest!

(BTW, I am the only woman so far to hike the entire North Country Trail)