Wednesday, October 15, 2014

10-14-2014


Received word today from my voc-rehab counselor that we're still on the road moving forward. I've a appointment next Wednesday that is expected to last for 3 hours - it's a "career assessment" meeting. The following Wednesday, I meet with my regular counselor to map out a course of action. I'll likely be enrolled at 2 academic institutions: Walter State Community College in Morristown fro the grant writing classes, and at University of Tennessee - Knoxville for the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf training classes.  Things are moving forward!




For the present, I am still working at Oakes Farm in Corryton at the family-friendly corn-maze, as well as at the Trail of Doom haunted attraction.


So, if you haven't seen me for a long time and would like to see me again, I'm working there on Thursdays thru Saturdays from 9am until close (which can be as late as 1am, depending on the crowds.) Most of you have my cell number, so shoot me a text if you plan on coming out. I really hope that YOU choose to come - it'd be awesome to see you again.

I absolutely LOVE my present job. Even though the pay is low, I am deeply appreciative to have a job that I enjoy going to, and one that provides me with a check (albeit a meager one) that I've actually EARNED.

Success isn't measured by the amount of the check earned, but by the joy experienced while earning it.

Come watch me experience the joy!!!

-Scotty
1 Corinthians 2:2

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Hi. My name is Jeffrey and I am from New Jersey. I am in 5th grade and we are doing a project on the Appalachian trail. When I looked up hikers of the AT, your name came up. I was wondering if you could answer some questions about the AT and about your adventure. Your story is inspiring. My project is due on November 20. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott,
I have checked back here periodically and I was happy to see an update. It's good to read some news about you!
All the best and God bless you and yours,
Stanley B.