Sunday, August 9, 2015

The one question I've heard more than any other over the past few months is "Scotty, what's been going on?" Better than half the time, I'd like to have the answer of that question myself.

For the better part of the past 4 months, I've been from one doctor to another, trying to find out if cancer was present in my body in any shape, form, or fashion. I've had everything from a CT w/contrast to an ultrasound of my testicles, and the only thin
g that has shown up was a bad gallbladder, which was removed on July 23. So, I reckon I'm alright, at least from a physical standpoint.

Next weekend (the weekend of Aug. 15), I embark on a new chapter of my life. This chapter is titled "Moving to
Georgia to take care of elderly parents" - not a chapter I am looking forward to a'tall. My folks ain't supposed to be old - they're supposed to remain that powerhouse of a foundation that I've always been able to depend on, to lean on. They aren't knocking at death's door or anything remotely resembling that - they just need help in doing the things that once came with ease for them.

Leisa and the kids are all doin
g wonderful.

Hannah & David continue to live in my old hometown down in Central
Georgia. Hannah finishes her 4-year/bachelor program in May, at which time she'll enter medical school.

Tyler and his little wife Taylor, alon
g with granddaughter Roslynn, live in Sevierville. Tyler is still working for the City of Sevierville's wastewater treatment plant. He's one hard working man who loves and takes care of his growing family.

Casey recently became en
gaged to a young man from the area, his name is Scotty Waller. They have an October 17th date set for their nuptials. (I CANNOT believe that my baby girl is getting married!)


Caleb will turn 18 in October, and is set to
graduate in the coming year. He's set to have surgery this coming Tuesday at East Tennessee Children's Hospital. He's really had a time this year with being in & out of the operating room. We're hopeful that this will be his last procedure, and that he's able to recover and move on with life.

Jacob is 14, and the first of our 7 to
go to public high school. He's all excited about being a 9th grader. I'm not sure how excited I am about it, but it is what it is.


Elijah's doin
g awesome as well. He's 1,000% all-American boy. He's into video games and all things outdoors.


Josiah's equally all boy. He may be the youn
gest, but he ain't about to let you forget that he's in the house! He's much larger in stature than his next older brother, and often uses his size to his advantage. He's recently decided that he wants to race cars. Not toy cars, not r/c cars, but real cars. And being the insane father that I am, I am going to steer him in that direction.

Leisa has had a rou
gh go of it with this menopause mess. She's been in it now for 8 years, and it doesn't seem to be any better. The past 8 years have been the most difficult of our lives, but I remain very hopeful that a new day's coming. Either way, I'm in it for the long haul. She's my woman, and I love her very much.


I'm fortunate to have a family not just to love, but one who loves in return. They're willin
g to let me go one state south to care for my parents. They don't "like" it (neither do I), but they're understanding and willing to make the sacrifice.

I reckon that's it from here. It's Sunday. Y'all
go find yourselves a church & get plugged in. You'll be glad that you did!

No comments: