Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January 2016

Happy 2016!

I sort of left everyone hanging with my August 2015 post where I had a cancer scare. As usual, I failed to post a follow-up, which would have said "Everything's fine - it was just a scare." Apologies for that.

Life here in the East Tennessee mountains continues to move forward, even when it sometimes seems that I'm just spinning my wheels while not really moving anywhere. Actually, it seems that way a lot.

My youngest daughter Casey is now a married woman. She married a local young man on October 30th, and they're living in a nearby town. This means that my oldest 3 kids are now married; Tyler and wife Taylor live about 60 miles away, and have a daughter. Hannah & husband David still reside in Georgia, and we are very, very hopeful that they will be moving up to this part of the country sometime this year. Hannah graduates college in the Spring, and is making application to several colleges that have Physician's Assistant programs, and is really hoping for South College in Knoxville. It sure would be something awesome to have them move closer to home.

Caleb, our oldest son still living at home, recently graduated highschool, and just started classes at Tennessee Tech over in Morristown. He's taking the same program that Tyler did, and wants to follow in his big brother's footsteps. Not a bad thing to do, if you ask me.

Leisa and I remain firmly planted together. This coming June will mark our 26th year as husband and wife. Who would've thought it? Certainly not me!

I doubt anyone much even comes to this site anymore, but if you do, then please let me know that you were here. I don't put a lot on here because I don't think that anyone's reading this site any longer. If you want to prove me wrong, then by all means, do it.

Yours,
Scotty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still read your blog. I noticed this latest post was written on my birthday. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I sent you an email about 3 weeks ago.